About Marimba Hire
Keen to dive into percussion but need the perfect instrument to practise on?
Learning music is so much more enjoyable when you really love the instrument you’re playing on.
Finding out what instrument you or your child requires can be confusing, unless you hire a marimba from the Nick Parnell Percussion Academy.
An award winning musician and university lecturer, Nick has personally selected the marimbas to ensure you or your child gets the perfect instrument.
Nick includes professional advice as a standard feature in your hiring service.
The no fuss hiring process, high quality guarantee, professional advice and affordable price makes this decision easy.
It’s time to pick up your mallets and start playing.
Why Hire with Us
- Easy & safe online ordering process
- Instrument delivered directly to you
- Most affordable rates around as we don’t incur the cost of a shop front
- Excellent quality instruments provided personally selected by Nick
- Expert advice and guidance provided to all clients by Nick
- Special ticket offers to selected concerts and masterclasses
You’ll receive a complimentary copy of the popular African marimba composition Lion Sleeps Tonight
About The Nick Parnell Percussion Academy Marimbas
- Three octaves in range (C3-C6) and contains the beautiful lower octave below middle C
- Caters for a wide variety of music including the AMEB percussion syllabus books
- Compact (140cm x 80cm)
- Height adjustable
- Equipped with wheels so they can be easily moved
NOTE: If you are an advanced senior student or studying at tertiary level, you may require a larger range instrument. These may be available upon request. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are the Marimbas Suitable for?
- Ideal for the school percussion student or enthusiast
- Excellent for anyone learning the xylophone, vibraphone or glockenspiel as all instruments have a similar layout of notes.
- Available in all capital cities Australia wide. If you live in a regional area, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Benefits of Hiring
- A far more cost-effective, faster and easy solution than purchase
- Research shows the more time a student practises, the greater the speed of their musical development. A quality marimba will help you achieve this.
- You get it now – marimbas are expensive instruments which have a long importation because retailers rarely have them in stock
- Allows you to practice on a high quality instrument without a big financial outlay
- Can discontinue the hire easily (simply notify us with two weeks’ notice prior to any hire period)
How it Works
Simply click the HIRE NOW button below and follow the prompts through our easy and secure on-line ordering system.
- The first hire payment and delivery charge is deducted from your credit card when you order.
- Ongoing payments are automatically debited from your credit card at the beginning of each three-month hire period, until the hire is concluded.
- The instrument is delivered directly to you within 2 weeks.
To Conclude Hire:
Please contact us via e-mail at least two weeks prior to any three month hire period and we’ll collect the instrument.
$245 per three months with an $88 delivery fee
Need more Advice and Help?
We love to support your enjoyment of learning percussion
Contact us today
0428 272 924
HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
MARIMBA CARE INSTRUCTIONS(pdf)
Q: What if I don’t have any mallets?
A: If you require marimba mallets they can be easily purchased when you order or separately through the shop link located top right of your screen.
Q: Will it fit in my house?
A: Yes. The marimbas are compact (140cm x 80cm) and are on wheels so can be easily moved. They also come apart so can be taken easily upstairs. You will need to keep any packaging the instrument comes in for when you return it.
Q: Can anyone hire?
A: If you live in Australia and it is for private use, then you can hire. Applicants must be over 18 years of age, so if you are a student simply get your parents/guardian to go through the online hiring process. If you are a school, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Q: How long is a hire period?
A: We hire in 3 month time periods. You may cease the hire at the end of any hire period by sending an e-mail email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior.
Q: Do you sell instruments?
A: No. We believe at school student level it is best to hire due to the significant cost of purchasing and long importation periods (often 6 months) as retailers rarely have them in stock.